Hiding Marks from students

Jump to solution
r_f_hesketh
Community Novice

I am presently marking assessments and every time I hide the marks and finish an assessment and go to the next one it exposes the mark! I have to go back and hide it again! It was fine last year now  its gone bonkers! I have just opened it up again to start marking today and the marks are exposed!! I have had to hide again!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @r_f_hesketh  Welcome to the Canvas Community. It sounds like you were used to "muting" assignments in the past, which would hide the student grades from view until you unmuted it. That behavior has changed with the New Gradebook with the grade posting policy.  The best overview of the changes is here: New Gradebook and SpeedGrader Muting Behavior Changes . That will also point you to the appropriate places in the online documentation covering these features in more detail.  Basically, you can either set a course-wide grade posting policy or do it assignment-by-assignment, similar to the older muting behavior.  For the record, here are the online lessons on each:

How do I select a grade posting policy for a course in the New Gradebook? 

How do I select a grade posting policy for an assignment in the New Gradebook? 

How do I post grades for an assignment in the New Gradebook? 

How do I hide grades that were previously posted in the New Gradebook?  

It sounds like, for now, the latter is the most appropriate for you now that you've started marking, but for future assignments--or for the entire course--I would suggest looking at the first two.

I hope this helps a bit, Robert.

View solution in original post

0 Likes