How can I make someone both a student and a teacher?

Jump to solution
ElizabethWI
Community Contributor

My coworkers need to complete a course and then they will need access to the course in a role that allows them to see other student's grades. If I change their status, the fall off the Student Analysis report, which makes it more challenging to track completion. Compliance course, so not tracked in the same way that regular academic courses are tracked. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
ericwerth
Community Explorer

Hi  @ElizabethWI   While someone here certainly could have done something similar and have insight, you may be best served to get in touch with someone from Support and see if they have a suggestion on what might be the best option.  It could be possible to administratively create a new role, but it still might not accomplish what you are looking to do.  I also wondered if perhaps if someone completes the class as a student, then is switched to a teacher role where you mentioned the student analysis disappears, if they are switched back to a student if all of their student activity is still captured and without counting in this report anything they did as a teacher.  If so, maybe you could, when necessary, flip the persons status temporarily back to student to get the reporting data necessary.  I don't have a good way to test this but Support may be able to answer the question directly.

I hope you find a good way around this and best wishes!

View solution in original post

0 Likes