cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sultan7rs

How can you export/import quizzes on Quizzes.Next?

Jump to solution

How can you export/import quizzes on Quizzes.Next like you can on Canvas quizzes?

1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi,  @sultan7rs ‌, to create an item bank in New Quizzes from existing Canvas quizzes, follow the instructions here: I wonder how to export question banks created on the quizzes legacy version to the New.Quiz version?... 

If you want to import external quiz banks directly into New Quizzes, you'll find the instructions in https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-15067-4152785058  (New Quizzes currently supports QTI 1.2 and 2.x.)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi,  @sultan7rs ‌, to create an item bank in New Quizzes from existing Canvas quizzes, follow the instructions here: I wonder how to export question banks created on the quizzes legacy version to the New.Quiz version?... 

If you want to import external quiz banks directly into New Quizzes, you'll find the instructions in https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-15067-4152785058  (New Quizzes currently supports QTI 1.2 and 2.x.)

How about exporting item banks from New Quizzes? I can do this in Quizzes. I want a safe, back-up copy of my items on my desktop. Sharing my item bank leaves it vulnerable to anyone editing or deleting in New Quizzes.

@ernest_longwort ‌, so that we can keep responses unified, we'll ask people to post their responses on this separate question to your post at  Is exporting from New Quizzes on the horizon? 

0 Kudos

Sorry, but this is not a solution to the question!! This is related but I still dont know how to export Quizzes.Next. Well, it appears still not possible. Only Classic can be exported as QTI, Next only in form of a whole course. But then it cant be imported as an item bank. The mix up and incompatibility (in both directions) between Classic and Next is very frustrating. I regret the decision to do everything in Next since I expected Classic to have disappeared already but then Next is not anywhere near to be fully functional... I am not looking forward to disappear since all question banks reside there (for obvious reasons - I cant easily move them..).