How did I shrink the screen in Canvas? How to restore?

Jump to solution
cindy_killough
Community Member

I  was working within my Canvas course and the student information system known as Genius. Inadvertently, I shrunk my screen size and cannot restore it to normal. Using a MacBook Pro laptop. Help please as I am sure there are some keyboard shortcuts that could work? Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @cindy_killough  Welcome to the Canvas Community! When you say shrunk your screen size do you mean on the browser that you were using or on your entire computer?  Let me start by stating I am not a Mac user, but I think I can help a bit.  If it is the browser you are talking about, you may have inadvertently changed the "zoom" size.  This can be remedied by pressing Cmd (Windows users use Ctrl for this) and then the + sign on the numeric keypad to increase the zoom level.  If that does not work, there is likely an options icon (3 dots) or 3 horizontal lines (the "hamburger icon" as soon like to call it) that will lead to a zoom option on the menu, as well.

If you are, however, speaking of everything on the screen of your computer, I found some online help that can show you how to adjust your screen resolution here:  Using a Retina display - Apple Support .  

I hope one of these suggestions help, Cindy!

View solution in original post