How do I add a rubric set to the template for our courses?

Jump to solution
jmarrapodi
Community Explorer

We have overhauled our rubrics for 2022 and standardized everything at 100 points. I've labeled them all a 2022 Essay etc. (Don't get me started on generic rubrics. You have to compromise sometimes.)

My entire list of all rubrics known to man is in the university list. I would like the new shell for course building to have the set of 2022 rubrics in it without the others. So far, it looks like if a rubric isn't attached to an assignment in the course, it doesn't show in the course rubric list. How do I fix that? I have to replicate it all in Spanish too, so it would be great to be able to copy a set of the 2022 rubrics into the English template, and a second set to be translated into the Spanish set. 

Ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

@jmarrapodi ...

Thanks for the extra detail.  I see what you mean.  To me, not being a programmer/developer, this is the expected behavior.  You can't import a university-level rubric into a course via the "Rubrics" menu of the course.  But, you can do this when creating an assignment and an attached rubric.  Then that rubric would appear on the "Rubrics" course menu.  If you remove the attached rubric from the assignment, it would be removed from the "Rubrics" screen in the course because it's not being used any more.  This is generally what happens with rubrics that are created with their assignments.

If I recall correctly, there was a question a while back in the Community about rubric behavior.  If the rubric was initially created on the "Rubrics" page of a course and then attached to an assignment later on, if you later removed the rubric from the assignment, the rubric remains on the "Rubrics" screen.  The opposite was not true, though, that if the rubric was initially added during the assignment creation process (so you didn't create the rubric via the "Rubrics" page), then the rubric would be deleted if you removed it from the assignment.

View solution in original post

0 Likes