cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carolr
Community Member

How do I allow a student 40 more minutes on her previous (already submitted) attempt?

Jump to solution

How do I allow a student 40 more minutes on her previous (already submitted) attempt?  

Currently the test is set for 75 minutes, but a student only used 35 minutes, so I would like to allow her 40 more minutes to finish the test.  If I allow a retake and change the time limit to 40 minutes, she will have to retake the entire test, plus the time limit changes for all the rest of the students.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

Hi,  @carolr ‌, Chris has directed you to some great resources. I'd add that what you've requested—opening an already-submitted quiz to allow a student more time—is not possible in Old Quizzes, so as you surmise, she'll have to answer all of the questions on any new attempt.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @carolr  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  Depending on the version of Quizzes you are using in Canvas, you may find these Guides helpful:

Here's how to tell the difference between Legacy Quizzes and New Quizzes:

•  
  •  

I hope this information will be of help to you, Carol.  Please sing out if you have any questions about this information.

Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

Hi,  @carolr ‌, Chris has directed you to some great resources. I'd add that what you've requested—opening an already-submitted quiz to allow a student more time—is not possible in Old Quizzes, so as you surmise, she'll have to answer all of the questions on any new attempt.

View solution in original post

Thanks so much for your response.  I'm in the process to see if I can get my legacy quizzes migrated over to the New Quizzes so I have more options!