How do I copy an entire Canvas course to another instructor at the same institution?

Jump to solution
nvaghefi
Community Member
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @nvaghefi ...

There are a few ways this can be accomplished.

• This is probably the easiest way, in my opinion.  The requirement is that you will need to be a "Teacher" in both your course and in your colleague's course.  Once you are enrolled in your colleague's course, you will go to that person's course, and then follow the instructions in this Guide to select your course during the course import process.  How do I copy content from another Canvas course u... - Canvas Community  Be sure to remove yourself from your colleague's course after the course has been imported.
  • Another option would be for you ask your school's local Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department to do this for you.  Just be sure to give them your course information as well as the course information for your colleague so that they know exactly what needs to be imported from one course to another.
  • A third option is to export your course and then give that export file to your colleague so that he/she can import the export package into his/her own course.  These two Guides would be of help:
  • The last option I can think of is to use Canvas Commons.  Do you have a "Commons" button on the left-hand side global navigation menu within your Canvas environment?  If so, you could share your course to Canvas Commons.  Then, your colleague could then go out to Canvas Commons and import the course that you shared into his/her own course.  Here are a couple Guides on how to do that:

Hopefully one of these options will work for your needs.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post