How do I delete an old class tile from canvas?

Jump to solution
JamisonChochrek
Community Novice

I have a class from last year that I cannot remove from my dashboard. Thanks.

Labels (1)
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @JamisonChochrek ...

When you logged in to Canvas, click on your "Courses" icon on the far left-hand global navigation menu, and then select "All Courses".  On the "All Courses" screen, you can remove any courses that have the orange/yellow star next to them to "unfavorite" them so they no longer appear on your Canvas Dashboard.  If none of your courses are currently starred in this way, then up to 20 courses will show on your Dashboard.  As soon as you star one or more courses (they must be "active" courses that you are enrolled in), then those are the only courses that will show up on your Dashboard.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

@JamisonChochrek In addition to the wonderful information provided to you from @Chris_Hofer , which is 100% correct and I recommend you follow his advice, I also thought I'd mention that maybe, if you can and are permitted, you could reach out to either the teacher of the course or your canvas administrator to see if the course is able to be concluded. Not only will this help with cleaning up your dashboard, and keeping the course cards up-to-date for both yourself and for everyone, however it can also eliminate any confusion with what courses are meant to be active and which ones aren't.

Concluding the course will automatically remove it from your dashboard, and you'll only be able to access it through your prior enrollments. However, depending on how your school has things set up, there might be a reason the course isn't concluded.

I hope this additional information was helpful to you, always feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns! We're here to help.

Best,
Noah

View solution in original post