How do I make a quiz redirect you to a certain assignment?

Jump to solution
GehrigF
Community Member

I was wanting for a quiz to redirect you to assignment depending on the grade you got on a quiz. I have seen other teachers do this before, but don't know how to do it myself. Is this possible, and if so how do I do it? My role on canvas is a teacher.

Thanks,

Gehrig

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Steven_S
Community Champion

This is done through mastery paths.  You will need to use a classic quiz and then accept that any predefined due dates will be removed, and need to be reprogrammed each time a student triggers the path.  Otherwise, it should do what you are expecting:  https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-use-MasteryPaths-in-course-modules/ta-p...

An alternative is to use module rules.  Module one ends in a quiz, and that quiz is set as a module requirement (using the three dot menu on module one) requiring students to score at least ___ on the quiz.  Students have limited attempts to earn that score.  Module 2 has no prerequisite, students are allowed to complete these remedial activities even if they did not meet the module 1 requirement.  Module 3 has module 1 set as a prerequisite.  Students only have access to this module if they met the requirements for module 1.  Any graded activities in modules 2 and 3 can be put into the same assignment group with the assignment group settings programmed to decide which score to keep/drop assuming that students who have the option choose to complete both modules.

View solution in original post