How do I make an assignment invisible for a few students in a class

Jump to solution
CephasScience
Community Novice

How do I make an assignment invisible for a few students in a class? I have IEP students and I want to give my non IEP students an assignment but block it for my IEP kids so they wont see it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @CephasScience ...

I have two thoughts on how you could possibly accomplish this.

1. You could assign the assignment to only those student who should see it (the non-IEP students).  Check out this Guide: How do I assign an assignment to an individual stu... - Canvas Community
  2. You could separate out your IEP and non-IEP students by creating two different sections within your course: How do I add a section to a course as an instructo... - Canvas Community.  For example, you could have an "IEP" section and a "Non-IEP" section.  Next, you'd have to move the students into each of those sections via your "People" page: How do I edit sections for an enrollment in a cour... - Canvas Community.  Once that is done, then you could assign the assignment to only the "Non-IEP" section of students: How do I assign an assignment to a course section? - Canvas Community.

You may need to speak with your school's local Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department about some of this if you do not have these options available to you.

Do you think either of these suggestions might meet your needs?  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post