How to create a class list for each of my children

Jump to solution
balent_matt
Community Novice

I am a parent of two students.  I want to create a list (or group or set or whatever) for each of my children.  This way I can choose one and see the classes for one or the other and not the default which is all of the classes jumbled together with no reference to which child it is for.  Seems simple enough.  How do I do this please?

0 Likes
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Matthew -

It definitely is more complicated to observe more than one child through the browser. You can color code, nickname, and drag-and-drop to reorder courses, but there's not a way to look at one student's information at a time. (Clarity for Canvas Observers‌)

Have you tried using the Canvas Parent app? It's really great for seeing one student at a time. While it doesn't have all of the features as the web, it's a wonderful starting point for conversations. (Observer Role vs Canvas Parent‌)

If you have a few minutes, it would be great if you could vote and comment on this idea: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/8649-parents-toggle-view-between-children" modifiedtitle="true.... I think it would be helpful to you and your family, and it's always valuable to hear from Observers.

If you have any follow-up questions, please reply! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Likes