cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeneen_hill
Community Contributor

How to delete course folder at account(?) level

Jump to solution

I am trying to clean up my folders at the instructor or account level. I have duplicates that need to be deleted. When I click files by my name to access the folders. This is where I would like to delete items. I have included a screenshot for clarification. notice duplicates on left- I want to delete themnotice duplicates on left- I want to delete them

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jeneen_hill
Community Contributor

Thank you! I was able to delete a couple of duplicates by deleting the actual course. Thank you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @jeneen_hill ...

In my own testing, since each of those folders displayed on the left side of your screen is a course, the only way that you can remove those is to be unenrolled from those courses.  You may need to reach out to your school's local Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning / eLearning department to see if they would be able to remove you from those courses via the "People" page of each course.  How do I remove an enrollment from a course? - Instructure Community  To my knowledge, there is no way to delete a folder from your personal "Files" and yet keep you enrolled in those courses...since those folders are tied to the courses that you are enrolled in.

Sorry that I don't have better news for you, but I hope this has helped to answer your question.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

jeneen_hill
Community Contributor

Thank you! I was able to delete a couple of duplicates by deleting the actual course. Thank you!

View solution in original post