How to overwrite a page or module on purpose

Jump to solution
agatten1
Community Member

I often need to make updates to many courses at the same time. I have template versions of the course that then get copied out to the instructors. Sometimes, I need to make a change to one page or one module. There are warnings that importing the same content with the same name will overwrite existing content, but that hasn't happened very consistently when I use the course import or "copy to" functions. It often ends up creating duplicate versions instead, so I end up just going into each instructor's course and making the updates by hand. Is there an easier way to do this or to intentionally trigger that overwriting process?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello @agatten1 ...

Thanks for the additional information!  If you are copying all that content out to individual course shells, are instructors allowed to make changes to those pages once the content is available in their own courses?  Or, is the content to remain untouched by the instructor, and they are to teach what they are given?  I ask because maybe you might also want to explore Blueprint courses as well?  Here are some other links for you to explore:

To answer your question about needing to be enrolled in those courses as an instructor...maybe?  I am not 100% sure, so you'd have to give it a try...both entering the course as an admin and also enrolling yourself as an instructor in the course to see what happens.  My guess is that you may have to enroll yourself as an instructor...but again, not 100% sure.

View solution in original post

0 Likes