How to randomize quiz questions and select just 10 to be given to students at each attempt

Jump to solution
deanna_darlingt
Community Novice

I have created 1 quiz.  I would like to have the questions randomized, and set it that only 10 questions are randomly selected for each student each time they attempt the quiz, and they get their score/ can review their answers after each attempt.

I looked at a feature about creating a group to randomize things, but it did not seem to let me put in the questions I have already created so I am looking for a different setting or way to do this

thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @deanna_darlingt  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  It sounds like you want to use a Question Group for your quiz.  Here's a Guide that shows you how to set this up: How do I create a quiz with a question group to randomize quiz questions?  Or, if you are using New Quizzes, you can refer to the information in this Guide: How do I add all items or a random set from an item bank to an assessment in New Quizzes?.

I hope these resources will be of help to you, Deanna.  Please sing out if you need further help...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes