How to return to dashboard

Jump to solution
StephanieArtero
Community Member

Hi. I'm in the infrastructure community tab in the student help guide by Canvas and I can't see how to return to my home page with the dashboard. I've tried clicking everywhere! And tried logging out and back in, and it took me right back to the infrastructure community page.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @StephanieArtero ...

Instructure (not Infrastructure) is the company that designs the Canvas LMS (Learning Management System).  Sorry to hear that you are having issues returning to your course.  Do you have any other tabs open in your browser that might be open?  Maybe the Canvas Community website (which you are reading right now) opened in a new tab in your browser?  Also, you might try going to:

https://SchoolName.instructure.com

...replacing SchoolName with your own school's name.  This would return you either to your school's Canvas login page...or if you are already logged in, it would return you to your school's Canvas Dashboard.

One other thing to try would be to clear your browser's history/cache files.  Once you do that, you'll want to close your browser completely, re-start the browser, and then log back in to Canvas.  Hopefully things will be better for you.

You could even try a different browser if you really wanted.  I like to suggest either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox ... as those two browsers work pretty well when navigating around Canvas.  Check What are the browser and computer requirements for Instructure products? for additional details.

Hopefully some of these suggestions will work for you.  Please keep us posted here in the Community...thank you!

View solution in original post