cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apanning

How to turn on notifications

Jump to solution

How do I turn on notifications that there's something due or new in my course?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Hi there, @TammiKellenberg ...

You cannot configure notification settings for your students.  Each of your students will need to configure his/her own notification settings.  You can give them these Guides.  One is for setting notifications at a user account level (so that the notifications apply to all courses a student is taking), and the other Guide is to set notifications at a course level (so a student could get some notifications for one course but not for another, for example).

Also, this video tutorial would be good for them to watch:

Hopefully these resources will be of help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
stephen_taylor
Advocate

Hi Kelsey, 

When you make a change to something on a canvas course there should be a small tick box that says notify users that this content has changed 335209_pastedImage_1.png

This will send a ping out to all students enrolled to let them know it has changed.

As for due dates, any students who are registered on your course and assigned to the assignment will have the due date showing in their calendar.  If you go to announcements you can set it to send to people who haven;t submitted a piece fo work yet, and that will send a pop up to them.

Hope this helps!

Stephen

0 Kudos
TammiKellenberg

That is good information.   But what are the steps to turn on the notifications so that my students can get them? (I have a couple who have not done this from the beginning and I just can't remember how to tell them to do it)

0 Kudos

Hi there, @TammiKellenberg ...

You cannot configure notification settings for your students.  Each of your students will need to configure his/her own notification settings.  You can give them these Guides.  One is for setting notifications at a user account level (so that the notifications apply to all courses a student is taking), and the other Guide is to set notifications at a course level (so a student could get some notifications for one course but not for another, for example).

Also, this video tutorial would be good for them to watch:

Hopefully these resources will be of help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!