I am an EC teacher so I do not have a homeroom in powerschool. I used to be a 3rd grade teacher and therefore had access to my students on here and used to do videos with them. With online learning taking place soon how can I do that with my EC students a

Jump to solution
emilym_monette
Community Novice

I am an EC teacher so I do not have a homeroom in powerschool. I used to be a 3rd grade teacher and therefore had access to my students on here and used to do videos with them. With online learning taking place soon how can I do that with my EC students across grade levels on here if I do not have a homeroom? Is it possible to assign/add them etc. to do things on here? If so, how?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bobby2
Community Champion

Hi  @emilym_monette  Welcome to the Canvas Community.

Grade 3 - you lucky thing. One of my favourites.

Getting started is a bit daunting but I'm so pleased you are having a go. 

A good place to start is to get a template from Commons - there are some great ones available. 

The K-12 group is well worth joining too for ideas and problem solving discussions. 

You can add the students to your course. It might pay to find out how others at your institution have put students in as sometimes it is done automatically. This guide will help: How do I add users to a course?

Your students will need to know how to log in to Canvas too. This may take a bit of practise, so make the most of any time you have before school closures start to happen if they haven't already. 

This is just the beginning of our conversation, feel free to ask questions any time. You are never alone in Canvas!

View solution in original post

0 Likes