cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mary_klinger
Community Member

Images Disappearing in quizzes

Jump to solution

I'm having trouble with images disappearing in quizzes in canvas.  My students use Chromebooks and most of them can see the images but one or two can't.  I have gone to files and published them individually and they are still not showing up on their Chromebooks. I have cleared the cache and cookies on their Chromebooks and that doesn't seem to help either.  Is there something that can be done to make these images re-appear?

25 Replies
kimberly_smith1
Community Participant

Still an issue 02/2021. At student send this image below after her exam today. At least it seems students may no longer be able to see the image file name? I guess that's something. 

kimberly_smith1_0-1612480514057.png

TomH1
Community Member

This is still an issue. Out of a group of 50 students, 3 could not see an image in the quiz. This is completely unacceptable. Especially considering that this issue has been known for years.

TomH1
Community Member

How can this be considered answered??

rahepler_admin
Community Participant

I am also still experiencing this issue as well. The issue is sporadic/not regular and images were uploaded, added to the files section and embedded in the quiz correctly. The JPG image is shown as a broken image with image title and in looking at the HTML it is referring back to the correct course and correct file item.

Has there been a specific cause identified for this at this time?  

lsmith129
Community Participant

Still having this problem in summer 2021. Sporadic and does not seem to be related to connection speed or image size. 

bengalbus
Community Member

We have faculty having this issue here in fall of 2021. It seems to be with mainly with Chromebooks and at least one student yesterday with a macbook air using Safari 14.1.