Images in Table Showing Up Offset

Jump to solution
JenniferStrasse
Community Member

I was updating my homepage for next school year and wanted to change some of the buttons. I didn't change the formatting at all; just moved reassessment policy from the table of buttons on the bottom to the table of buttons on the top. In the screenshot, you can see that the button is now offset. 

The offset button does NOT appear offset when I'm in editing mode, and it also isn't offset when I click on Pages. However, when Canvas loads to the homepage or if I follow any links that link back to the home page, this is how the buttons look.

The buttons are the exact same size. All images are centered. I tried to increase the width of the table, but it didn't work. Please help! Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution

@JenniferStrasse ...

Thanks for sharing the code.  I am not able to see many of the images within your tables because they are located on servers that I don't have access to.  Not a big deal, though.  I looked at your code, and I *think* this might be the issue...

Screenshot 2023-06-15 212233.jpg

If you take a look at the highlighted text in line 9, that code isn't found in lines 6, 7, or 8 (which I assume are the other buttons to the left of "Reassessment Policy".  You might also try removing the yellow highlighted text and move the orange   (non-breaking spaces) up to where that yellow text used to be.  Essentially, maybe try to make line 9 look more like lines 6, 7, or 8.

You might want to try all of this in a separate non-published page in your course...something that only you can see.  Once you know it is working properly, then you can paste the corrected page into your actual page that you want students to see in your course.

Keep us posted here in the Community...thanks!

View solution in original post