Importing two sections' worth of modules into one Canvas shell

Jump to solution
lcheadley
Community Member

I'm preparing a class for the fall semester and want to figure out how to post two sections' worth of files into one of my course shells for next semester. I think that would help for two reasons: First, it would allow me to follow the schedule (of assignments, due dates, etc.) I had set up last fall (spring sections schedules are always interrupted by spring break, etc.). But also, it would allow me, when files are duplicated, to pick the best version (of, say, a quiz) to keep for next semester. 

It would mean that I'd have to weed through every file and pick and choose what to keep, but at least I'd have everything in one place.

Does anyone have a better way of doing this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
gnoack
Community Champion

I think it is your preference of workflow, but I would find sorting through two copies of every file and activities cumbersome.   What I would do is copy the course you think is most accurate/best.  Then review and compare this as you work.  You can use the "Copy To" tool to send any activities that you want from your old course. 

Here is the guide for How do I copy an assignment to another course? - Canvas Community (canvaslms.com)

It also works for announcements, discussions, pages, and quizzes. You can even send entire modules. How do I send a module to another instructor? - Canvas Community (canvaslms.com)

View solution in original post