Instructor: View Comment on Student Feedback?

Jump to solution
nlatimer
Community Champion

Strange question.... when a teacher gives feedback on an assignment, the student can see that on their Dashboard under "Recent Feedback." When the student clicks on that, they can see the feedback and then add a comment of their own. They might see a screen like this:

Feedback

So now if they add a comment (on the far right) and click "Save," is there any way for the teacher to see that? I know that if they re-submit an assignment, it will show up on the teacher's Dashboard, but what if they only add a comment to the teacher's feedback?

Thank you.

1 Solution
Shar
Community Champion

Hi Nancy Latimer,

I think you're asking about notification about there being a new submission comment, rather than just where to see the comment as an instructor since it'll be in the same spot where you see the comments either in SpeedGrader or in the Gradebook Student Context Card.
346213_pastedImage_4.png

346214_pastedImage_5.png

So, as an instructor you if you want to get notified about the comments, there's an option for it in the Notifications under Course Activities. https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-26294-how-do-i-set-my-canvas-notification-preferences-as-an... 

346211_pastedImage_1.png

check out the bottom of page 10 of the Canvas Notifications PDF 

346212_pastedImage_3.png

Student me has signed up for push notifications, so I get a ping immediately when there's a new comment. But Teacher me will only get daily summaries.

Hope these screen shots and guides help,
Stay home, stay healthy,
Cheers - Shar

View solution in original post