Is it possible to group questions within a question bank

Jump to solution
nancym
Community Explorer

In creating two versions of an exam, I typically have one graph and then ask a series of questions about either point "a" or point "b".  I can create the image in a text question.  I can create question banks and create a group to pick questions from a question bank.  I would like to create a series of 3 questions about point "a" and another series about point "b" and then choose either series a or series b for the exam.   Is there a way to do that?    Thank you.

1 Solution
James
Community Champion

@nancym ,

I am understanding you to say that you want randomly pick point A or point B and then have all of the questions be about that specific point.

This is not possible.

All of the questions included in the question group will either have to be about only point A or they will have to be about only point B. There is no way to nest question groups or to say "pick 2 from the first 3 OR pick 2 from the last 3."

That means that everyone will get the same point, which is what I think you're trying to avoid. You could make two versions of the exam and make one get point A and the other get point B, but that's as close as you're going to get with Canvas quizzes.

The other option is to put both points on the same exam, but then everyone gets the same questions again and they will be in the same order (you can't even randomize whether A or B comes first).

New Quizzes have stimulus questions, but it won't deliver what you want, either. There's still no way to randomly pull all of the questions from a randomly selected group.

View solution in original post