Is it possible to limit an Appointment Group to one section?

Jump to solution
barbaracoen
Community Contributor

Is it possible to limit an Appointment Group to one section?

I have three sections setup in my course but only want the Appointment Group to be made available to one of those sections.  Anyone know if that's possible?

Note the trainees and students are in the same section and they do have limited visibility but not sure if that will be taken into account when setting up the Appointment Group or if it defaults to everyone.

Thanks
Barbara

1 Solution
barbaracoen
Community Contributor

Hi Kelley

Thanks for coming back to me but I upon further testing myself I think this is supported!!

I created two sections - Class A and Class B - and put a trainer and two students in each section (no overlap, i.e., the trainer is only involved in one of the sections).  They are have 'section only access' 

I then masqueraded as the trainer in Class A and created an Appointment Group.  Indeed when selecting the appropriate calendar from the dropdown I had to select the appropriate section (not just the course).

Finally I verified that the students in Class A were able to see the appointment group but most importantly the students in Class B could not.  Happy days!!

Many thanks again for your input and hopefully this find will be useful to you in the future.

Thanks
Barbara

327379_pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post