Is there something similar to the Setup Tutorial for New Students using canvas for the first time?

Jump to solution
ETPho
Community Member

We have a high amount of brand new students to Canvas and we do have a self-made guide we built into the courses but notice that many students will briefly skim or just bypass it to get to the actual course.  Now I know for teachers, there is the Setup Tutorial which describes everything pretty well and has basic functionality. These pop-outs would be extremely helpful for our students just to provide some quick information on what is what with Canvas in General or have that option so we can modify some of the information on those pop-outs.

Just something Student facing and not just for teachers.

0 Likes
1 Solution

@ETPho ...

Full disclosure...I'm not an Instructure employee, so I don't have much inside knowledge on what they are working on as far as new enhancements to Canvas.  I don't know if this will be helpful, but you might want to take a look at this posting:

Upcoming Canvas Tier 1 Support Improvements - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

There is also a product that Instructure recently acquired called Impact (formerly EesySoft) which has a few of the same types of features as outlined in the link I provided, but Impact has a lot more features that what is described in the link above.  I believe there is an additional cost for Impact.

(1) Impact - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

Finally, if neither of those things would quite meet your needs, you might want to try creating a Feature Idea (or maybe one already exists that you could add your comments to).

Hope this will be helpful to you in some way!

View solution in original post

0 Likes