Issues with receiving emails from Canvas

Jump to solution
it_sheltonmac07
Community Explorer

Hi ,

I am an assistant administrator at my school , and one of our students came across an issue with receiving emails from Canvas . The user is getting an error "Message preview unavailable" when trying to view a message notification from Canvas. I have attached two screenshots  ,where one shows the error and the other one shows how it should look when he gets those notifications about assignments submissions from Canvas .

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue ?

Thanks ,

Shelton 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @it_sheltonmac07 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with a  student's email previews.  Thank you for providing the screenshots  up  front. This has only been reported by a single student? It is very likely an issue with their device/network or their Microsoft account. Normally when things aren't acting as intended it can be tied to  clearing cache and cookies, or trying another browser, etc. However, the pictures  look like the Microsoft app itself. Have they tried logging in on another device or logging in and out? Do they experience the same issue when viewing emails on a browser directly? Technically, you can contact Canvas Support and request they clear the student's cache on their end, but there is very slim chance this is the cause of the issue.

Try the above trouble shooting steps including different browser, device, network connection, etc. If all else fails, they can contact Microsoft or IT team and see if they can provide any insight to the issue. Hopefully this helps!

View solution in original post