Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
detour-jenn
Community Member

Issues with viewing aspects of Canvas using Google Chome

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm trying to troubleshoot some instructor issues with viewing the gradebook and inbox when using Google Chome. Currently, when the go to access the gradebook the page loads indefinitely (e.g. spinning loading icon). They are also not seeing emails within their Canvas inbox even though they are receiving them to the email address they set up to receive notifications.

I have confimed that the instructor has the most up to date version of Chrome and has cleared cache. Unfortunately, no luck.

Hopefully this is a situation that can be easily resolved. 

Thanks for the help in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @detour-jenn ...

Do you know if the instructors you are working with have reported these issues to the Canvas Help Desk staff?  I would recommend that as a start...so that tickets can be created for these issues in the event that it's a larger issue that needs to be resolved (not saying there is a larger issue, however).  Also, have you tried using a different browser instead of Chrome?  For example, what happens if you use an up-to-date version of Mozilla Firefox?  Do you get different results?

Here's a link to contact Canvas Support: How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?

Keep us posted about your communications with Canvas Support...thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @detour-jenn ...

Do you know if the instructors you are working with have reported these issues to the Canvas Help Desk staff?  I would recommend that as a start...so that tickets can be created for these issues in the event that it's a larger issue that needs to be resolved (not saying there is a larger issue, however).  Also, have you tried using a different browser instead of Chrome?  For example, what happens if you use an up-to-date version of Mozilla Firefox?  Do you get different results?

Here's a link to contact Canvas Support: How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?

Keep us posted about your communications with Canvas Support...thanks!

Hey @chofer ,

Thanks so much for your response. We have not reached out to the Canvas Help Desk staff as I assumed this was only for paid Canvas accounts. We are using the free version. So I was also experiencing the issues and moved to Firefox. This resolved everything for me. I just received word from the other instructor and they moved to Safari which resolved the issues for them. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to this situation from what I can tell.

Hello @detour-jenn 

Thanks for getting back to us. We're happy to hear that the issue is at least pin pointed and is Google Chrome specifically. If other browsers work, and it is just the one teacher with loading issues, they could also try deleting Chrome altogether and reinstalling it. There may be settings or extensions causing errors on their version of Chrome and speaking then with a school IT team may be helpful as well. Glad to hear it's at least working for them on other browsers!