Issues with viewing aspects of Canvas using Google Chome

Jump to solution
detour-jenn
Community Explorer

Hello,

I'm trying to troubleshoot some instructor issues with viewing the gradebook and inbox when using Google Chome. Currently, when the go to access the gradebook the page loads indefinitely (e.g. spinning loading icon). They are also not seeing emails within their Canvas inbox even though they are receiving them to the email address they set up to receive notifications.

I have confimed that the instructor has the most up to date version of Chrome and has cleared cache. Unfortunately, no luck.

Hopefully this is a situation that can be easily resolved. 

Thanks for the help in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @detour-jenn ...

Do you know if the instructors you are working with have reported these issues to the Canvas Help Desk staff?  I would recommend that as a start...so that tickets can be created for these issues in the event that it's a larger issue that needs to be resolved (not saying there is a larger issue, however).  Also, have you tried using a different browser instead of Chrome?  For example, what happens if you use an up-to-date version of Mozilla Firefox?  Do you get different results?

Here's a link to contact Canvas Support: How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?

Keep us posted about your communications with Canvas Support...thanks!

View solution in original post