Just to be clear, I can't hide an assignment (by unpublishing) if it has submissions?

Jump to solution
annespinoza
Community Participant

I've read enough to know that you can not unpublish an assignment once it has submissions. Am I alone in thinking this is crazy? I have a lot of assignments, and I find that having 100 small assignments including a few get-to-know-you assignments from the beginning of the year is very distracting to students (especially those with ADHD). I want to remove assignments that are no longer needed and are just cluttering up the screen. How can I do that? I can only imagine what my canvas page will look like by the end of the semester! 

Labels (1)
1 Solution
James
Community Champion

@annespinoza 

This was asked as a question, which is expected to have an answer, but you gave the answer to your own question: You cannot unpublish an assignment once it has submissions. It really sounds like this is more of a request for a feature than a question.

There is an existing conversation around the idea Ability to unpublish assignments with student submissions where you can share you reasons for wanting this functionality.

View solution in original post