Late assignments

Jump to solution
STEVENNATHMAN
Community Member

I have used CANVAS for about 12 years now.   Recently, I've had 2 x student submissions that seem to have been "back dated" to reveal the assignment was on time, even though when I checked CANVAS initially, there was NO submission, and I always type, "No submission" and CANVAS will time stamp this.    

Both students approached me saying that had in fact turned in the assignment on time.   I go back and check and somehow it is there!

I know about the refreshing of CANVAS.   

I will go to my grave on this.   I checked CANVAS, typed in, "Nothing submitted" and then the students turned it in after the fact, but with a backdated turn in date.   

Anything is possible, and we have computer science GT kids who could probably pull this off.   

What say you, CANVAS?    Help!

Has any student ever figured out how to back date a submission?

I can send you the link to the 2 different cases where this happened.

Steve Nathman

817-698-1331

Northwest High School

steve.nathman@nisdtx.org

1 Solution
mzimmerman
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @STEVENNATHMAN 

Welcome to the Canvas Community.  This is a public discussion board for Canvas users from different schools all over the world.  While we can share our experiences with troubleshooting specific problems from a user point of view, the folks here are not actually Canvas Support, and we do not have any access to any specific information about assignment submissions in your course.

Generally speaking, the Canvas administrator at your school would be able to review the Canvas page views and access logs to confirm when a student logged into the school's Canvas server and made a submission.

View solution in original post