Links from Embedded objects opening in a new tab.

Ekunzi
Community Member

I have created several interactive pages where I use google slides for some animation.  On the final slide are navigation links to assignments and other areas of canvas that I want my students to go to.  Some of these links are general navigational buttons while others are images linked to various sections that are apart of the environment within the slide  I want everything inside my google slides to limit the amount of searching and scrolling students have to do to navigate around.  Everything works fine and looks absolutely amazing (pats self on back for being awesome) however the links all open into new tabs.  Now its not really an issue for my navigation buttons because I can simply fix that by adding them outside of the embedded slide.  However with the links that are apart of the environment I cannot.  It is frustrating that students will eventually have a web browser that resembles my mothers with 1000 open tabs.  Any help would be appreciated.  I am inserting link to a sample of something that I did so you have a better picture.   Thank you.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vTzf6KsCi48OJ-VzDCmq-29dkFs7RdBwOYsdAydYZZnAl7HjUSCc...     

P.S.  Why is it that I have the option to choose how a link opens here in the forums but not in the actual program?

Labels (1)