Lock Down Browser

Jump to solution
BreannaWhiting
Community Novice

I am attempting to complete an assignment via Lock Down Browser and it has advised me of the following response when I try to access the assignment.

"Error: Unable to continue.

-Exam title indicates a webcam must be used. but the course is unknown to our system.

Solution(s): Your instructor to go to the "LockDown Browser Dashboard" for this course and check the settings for this exam."

My professor states in the assignment description to contact support before contacting faculty. Please advise.

Please be advise I have downloaded the new version of LockDown Browser as well as I am currently operating on Windows11

Thank you- Breanna

0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @BreannaWhiting 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with Lockdown  Browser. This error  is from Lockdown Browser specifically. Sometimes when the feature is turned on in Respondus, one of the easiest fixes can be the  instructor going into the settings, enter into where they can be edited, and then save them without making any changes. The other part to this is it may require the students to close the Respondus Lockdown Browser,  clear their cache and cookies in their main/default browser (since Respondus piggybacks off of the main/default browser) close the main/default browser, and then try accessing the exam using Respondus.

Additionally, the teacher may need to check  the lockdown settings. Are any other students having this issue? If so, it is likely a setting  issue but if  it is just you, you should try the steps from above.

In Chrome
On your computer, open Chrome.
At the top right, click the three dots
Click settings
On the left, choose Privacy and Security
Then, clear browsing data
At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time. I suggest at least 4 weeks
Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
Click Clear data.

I also found the same issue listed on Lockdown's site  that may prove to  be helpful:

https://support.respondus.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409604349595-Exam-title-states-a-webcam-must-be-use... 

View solution in original post