Lock Teacher into One Section

Jump to solution
matthew_acton
Community Novice

I have a very specific situation. In the courses I'm developing we want to have multiple teachers in a course, but with access only to their own sections of the course. I do know how to assign teachers to specific sections, and how to make it so that they can only see their own section, but the issue is that they could simply change their own privileges in the User Details screen to then give them access to all sections again. 

I need to be able to take away that permission, but I have no idea how.

I have attached a screenshot of the spot that they should not be able to select.

1 Solution
matthew_acton
Community Novice

Hello,

I found the answer to my own question.

The permission "Users - add/remove teachers, course designers, or TAs in courses" removes the 3 dots that appear to the right side of each person on the People page. This makes it so that a teacher without this permission cannot change their own ability to view other sections. 

We plan to use this with our clinical instructors to limit their ability to view students' grades that they don't need to have access to, and to give the main instructor of the course the standard teacher permissions.

Thanks to anyone who was looking into this.

View solution in original post