Mastery Paths creating second "Assign" section with no Due Dates

Jump to solution
ZacharyBowers
Community Member

I am attempting to use Canvas Mastery Paths. I have assigned a quiz for students and then students will have certain assignments opened to them based on their performance on the quiz. I have aligned everything based on grade performance under mastery paths in the quiz itself. The assignments are already created that they will have to do and have specific due dates on them. The Assign To group on these assignments are set to Mastery Pathways.

My issue is once students take the quiz, the appropriate assignments open up to them, however, the Assign portion of the actual remedial work adds a second section which includes each individual students name that fell into that mastery pathway but this new assign section has no Due Date, No Open Date, and No Available Until date. They are completely blank. So, I have 2 or 3 students that did not do the assignments given to them in their Mastery Pathway and they have not receive an automatic zero for a lack of completion, nor have the ones that have done it late received a grade penalty for the lateness of the work. Does anyone know of a solution to this issue?

I have attached a video of my issue as well for any that are interested. This is attached as a link below.

https://www.loom.com/share/18640a65ba984299a63e952eb178bf50

Labels (1)
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @ZacharyBowers -

Mastery Paths is such a neat tool! I ran into the same frustration with Mastery Paths and dates when I used it as a teacher. I set reminders in my calendar to go set due dates for the conditional items so students and I stayed in sync.

While this is not an immediate solution, there is a long-standing idea open for conversation. Please consider adding to the discussion and rating (starring) the thread. You'll automatically receive updates if the request aligns with one of the Product Team's projects. Mastery Paths: Automatically Set Conditional Item Due Dates 

View solution in original post

0 Likes