Mastery Paths not processing for some students

Jump to solution
AmandaBouillet
Community Member

Our institution offers two courses per term using Mastery Paths. The last term and the current present various issues: the most serious one being that some students cannot view the whole content. In the diagnostic module, there is a test that divides students into two groups according to score and that one is set with Mastery Paths; for the rest of the modules there are requisites and prerequisites (that seems to work fine).

For reasons we cannot yet figure, some students can see pages and do activities and exams without any problems, and others simply have empty modules! (there are 700-2,000 students, so it is not an easy tsk to do a follow-up of each incident).

We have troubleshooted this by manually assigning quizzes or even changing the initial test settings to include a second try (which means all students must re-submit), but look forward to an actual solution. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
SarahMarkle
Community Member

For your situation, it looks like you have one of the conditional assignments (the assignment the Mastery Path takes the student to) in the same module as the source assignment (the assignment with the Mastery Path associated with it). I know this can sometimes mess with the Mastery Path and will not let students progress.

A follow-up question I have is if the students who are not able to access the next assignments are showing up in the "Assign to" box for those assignments. What we are running into is that only some students are having issues accessing the next assignments. And instead of the students' names showing up, it just says "Loading..." as if that is the student's name. We've had to go in and "x" out "Loading..." and manually assign the student. It's frustrating because it's only happening for a few students and I haven't been able to ascertain a pattern.

Is that what you are running into as well? Hopefully someone has a solution

View solution in original post

0 Likes