Media File Submission

Jump to solution
OliviaOster
Community Novice

Hello,

I keep attempting to submit a video recording through the canvas capability of recording. It keeps coming up as a grey box and when I attempt to submit, it tells me the file is still uploading. I've waited hours with no successful upload. I've re-recorded five times now including through the webcam on my computer application with another failed upload attempt. Please advise as this is due tomorrow.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
nathanboettcher
Community Explorer

Hi Olivia,

I hope this reply isn't coming too late! I generally see this when there's a slow upload speed. Here's what I recommend:

If you're still on that screen, try right-clicking the video pane and selecting to "save as" to download the video you've already made. If you're no longer on this screen, you'll need to remake your video.

Next, if the assignment permits, I recommend using some other media storage service to upload your video. Does your school use Kaltura? Google Drive? Box? Something like that. These are much better at media uploads and media rendering than Canvas.

Finally, you can share a link from whatever service you use or simply embed your video into your assignment submission page. Make sure to give your teacher a heads-up, too, just in case he/she isn't expecting a video to be submitted in this way.

I hope this helps!

Nathan, Ogden, UT

View solution in original post

0 Likes