Mobile App Notifications 4x

Jump to solution
Teacher1414
Community Novice

Every time I get a notification on the Canvas mobile app, it sends me four duplicate notifications.  I've tried turning them off and turning them on, redownloading the app, and nothing helps.  It's getting so annoying!

Labels (1)
1 Solution
ColtonSwapp
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @Teacher1414 

Thanks for posting about this in the global Canvas Community! 

I would not be able to give you a solid answer on why this is happening, without being able to take a look at your Canvas account and the configuration of it. It might be best to contact Canvas support to have them take a look if you can't figure out why the notifications are duplicated.

One thing I thought of was that you might have a couple duplicated API access tokens for the mobile app in your account settings. You could try to check and see if that is the case. HERE is a guide on how to check those API access tokens out. They will be listed under your approved integrations area in the account settings. You only want to have one access token listed there for the mobile app. If it is duplicated, i would recommend deleting the duplicated ones or all of them and signing in on the app again. Mobile access tokens are generated for you when you log in to a Canvas mobile app and never expire. It will use that token to generate the push notifications for the mobile application. 

Hopefully this helps! 

-Colton 

View solution in original post

0 Likes