cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michele_degraff
Community Member

Module Prerequisites

Jump to solution

I want to create a quiz in Canvas that is connected to a Module. If a student scores below a set grade, I want the Module to appear that will include supplemental material to help that student master the content that was in the quiz. Is this possible with the current settings available in Canvas? I basically want to set a module prerequisite that requires students to earn below a certain score before a Module can be accessed.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarpenter1
Community Contributor

Hello  @michele_degraff .  It sounds like you want to use MasteryPaths.  These 2 links should help you set yours up.  Taking the Mystery out of Mastery Paths  and https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/k12/blog/2017/06/27/mastery-paths-the-road-less-traveled .

Best of luck!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jcarpenter1
Community Contributor

Hello  @michele_degraff .  It sounds like you want to use MasteryPaths.  These 2 links should help you set yours up.  Taking the Mystery out of Mastery Paths  and https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/k12/blog/2017/06/27/mastery-paths-the-road-less-traveled .

Best of luck!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
vanvleck
Community Participant

Here is a related question:

I use pre-requisites to "unlock" modules. And I've done this before but something is bugging me... 

image.png
As it is set-up, the student has to get 70%+ on a brief assignment. In order to set up that "score better than" I am forced to choose between "students must complete all items" (no threshold options) and "students must complete one of these..." (with threshold options).
I want them to do all the material ...but the one assignment at 70%+ is the critical one. I've checked the student view and it *does* show "complete one item". It seems pedagogically problematic to signal only one item is "important" in this way.
Do you see my predicament? Advice?
jcarpenter1
Community Contributor

Mastery Paths allows you to give choices to students to do.  You may have to turn this option on.  Go to settings, then feature options.  You may have to click beside Mastery Paths to turn on.  The assignments and pages will be in your module,but students will ONLY see what is assigned to them based on the initial assignment.