Module requirements complete all AND one of these, is that possible?

Jump to solution
michelvanast
Community Member

When I have this set of requirements for a module to be completed, is it possible to say that a student has to complete all of these six items and at leas one of these two? Like a combination of 'complete all' and 'complete one of these'.

More specific: I want them to look at all the video's in a module and do at least one of the two quizes I've made.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@michelvanast -

I do not think that is possible.  You are only allowed to create one set of requirements from what I can tell.  It would be nice if you had multiple groups of requirements for all the content in a module and also have the capability as you say to complete x of y of the following.

View solution in original post

greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @michelvanast 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with creating module requirements. Thank you for your explanation but similarly to what @Ron_Bowman said - it  isn't exactly an option as of now. You'd either need to split the module into two and have one be complete all and the other be complete these specifically. However, your other option is just singling out every single thing you want them to either view, mark as  complete, or submit  using the third option "student must complete one of these items" 

With this option, you can single out anything you want from the module and technically could be helpful, but it would be more specific and students wouldn't get the exact option to complete "all"  in a list and choose from another. Splitting the module  is likely your best option:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-add-requirements-to-a-module/ta-p/1131 

View solution in original post