Moving Docs

Jump to solution
SHKR
Community Member

How can I move a student doc from the wrong turn-it-in assignment to the right one? 

I used to be able to do this but I don't see the option anymore. I also looked on non-turn-it-in assignments and don't see the option there, either.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@SHKR ...

I don't know that either of these are possible within Canvas.  @dhulsey, do you know of any way to do this within Turnitin?  I know that I have this idea that's been "out there" in the Community for quite some time called [Assignments] Move or Delete Incorrectly Submitted... - Instructure Community - 364770 (canvaslms.co....  You'll see that it has a status of "Identified", and it's been added to a larger Theme called Make account configuration more flexible through n... - Instructure Community - 552709 (canvaslms.co....  This document describes more about what the different status messages mean: How do Ideas and Themes work in the Instructure Co... - Instructure Community - 2980 (canvaslms.com).

Hope this will help in some way.  Happy holidays!

View solution in original post

dhulsey
Community Champion

As far as I know, @SHKR,   this has never been possible in Canvas. If you are using the LTI version of Turnitin, you can delete a file from the Turnitin inbox, but a copy will still be present in Canvas. However, deletion would allow the student to resubmit as along as it was before the deadline or if the assignment was set to accept late work. I hope that helps!

View solution in original post