My caption uploading status stays "processing" for hours.

Jump to solution
UthairatYork
Community Member

I uploaded my 5.31-minute video (618 MB). Then I tried to caption it in English. The status is "processing" for more than 6 hours. I called Canvas and they recommended waiting for 24 hours and if it's still the same, I shall call them. 

Later I uploaded another video (the same video) and tried to caption it. Caption is still "PROCESSING". There was not "QUEUED" word to be shown. 

Is my video too big? Is there anything I can do? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
James
Community Champion

@UthairatYork 

What type of video format is this in? 618 MB is really big for a five and a half minute video. Around here, we have a lot of people with slow internet connections and that's a substantial file to ask them to download.

Uploading it twice probably isn't going to fix it if the file was successfully uploaded. If you got to the captioning page, it likely was.

Could you play the video from within Studio before you tried to caption it? Does it work with the sound? If there's a problem with the audio, it might have trouble captioning.

I have had some videos that take a long time to process and seemed to get stuck in the queue. I did have one that took a long time, although it was substantially smaller. It just seemed to get stuck. There wasn't a way to force it to caption. Eventually it came through, but it did take more than 24 hours.

I would do what support recommended and wait. Then get back to them if it still hasn't processed. There may be something that they can do on their end to move things along. There's little you can do on your end except perhaps send a smaller version of the file.

View solution in original post