cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peter10
Community Participant

No sound in my canvas course

Jump to solution

Any thoughts on a scorm course within Canvas that was playing sound though now I am not getting any sound.

Regards

Peter

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
peter10
Community Participant

Stuart, I've been a bit pre occupied lately though thought I would get back to you re the outcomes of the sound. After some googling I have gone into Safari preferences, websites and set the When visiting other websites tab to - Allow all Auto-Play. This has fixed the issue, so all good and worth passing on to others just in case a similar issue comes up.

Again thanks for you involvement

Peter

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @peter10  Thank You for your question.

That's a tricky one that I haven't come across but a quick google shows me that it has happened to other people.

This link could help you Losing audio when publishing to LMS (scorm 1.2) - Articulate Presenter Discussions - E-Learning Hero... 

Do you have access to Canvas Chat within the help menu at your institution? If so, then they may be able to help. 

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Peter,

Hmm that is a conundrum to be sure! A few thoughts that come to mind. Is it only in one web browser (have you possibly tried another), extending that a little, have you possibly tried another computer and is it having the same issue as well?

I would also be curious if you might have upgraded any software on your computer recently, could be the operating system, drivers, or anything else of relevance that might have affected this.

Look forward to hearing from you so we can dive into this further!

Stuart

peter10
Community Participant

Stuart, thanks for responding, it is only happening when using safari and it is specific to building a new course on my Mac Book Pro using Canvas and uploading Scorm. Previous Scorm courses built on another computer have the sound working within Safari on the same Mac Book Pro.

Also tried on my iPhone Canvas teacher app and sound works there also, so yes it does look to be something associated with safari on this computer. If I open Canvas using the Google Chrome browser the sound works.????

peter10
Community Participant

Thanks Bobbie, I will have a look at the links.

peter10
Community Participant

Stuart, I've been a bit pre occupied lately though thought I would get back to you re the outcomes of the sound. After some googling I have gone into Safari preferences, websites and set the When visiting other websites tab to - Allow all Auto-Play. This has fixed the issue, so all good and worth passing on to others just in case a similar issue comes up.

Again thanks for you involvement

Peter

View solution in original post

peter10
Community Participant

Thanks also for you help Bobby

Peter

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 10:46 AM bobby.pedersen@education.tas.gov.au <

Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

You are more than welcome  @peter10 r. 

Glad you found a fix. I will be sure to remember that little trick. 

Thanks so much Peter for coming back and letting us know how you fixed it! That is great to know for the future and glad you got there in the end too!

Stuart

ChBryan25
Community Member

I am having the same problem with having no sound on any videos.