cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FabianaFornica

Not able to access assignment

Jump to solution

Hello,
I am trying to do an assignment for one of my classes but it keeps on telling me this error. When I had originally attempted this it told me to log in to my microsoft account which I did but I accidentally used a different account from my school account. The email I used is a different email from my canvas email, the email used is from my old school which did not use canvas. I believe that that is what is causing the problem but I am not sure how to unlink the two because when I went to my profile on canvas, settings, and then to approved integrations and removed the login it did not fix anything and I am stuck on it.  I can not access the canvas help section either because my school removed it so this is my last resort.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Steph_T
Instructure
Instructure

@FabianaFornica Hello! 

I would recommend that you contact the instructor of your course to see if they can help with getting you access to the correct Microsoft account 😊 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sgiedieviells
Community Participant

Hi there, 

1. Log out of your old school email on the microsoft app on your computer. 

2. Delete your cookies and cache in your browser. https://its.uiowa.edu/support/article/719

3. Try to login into Canvas with your current school email.

I tried that and it did not work. I can access canvas perfectly fine and can use everything except for this assignment because it is a microsoft cloud assignment and I linked the wrong microsoft account to my canvas account.

Steph_T
Instructure
Instructure

@FabianaFornica Hello! 

I would recommend that you contact the instructor of your course to see if they can help with getting you access to the correct Microsoft account 😊