Not receiving any notifications

Jump to solution
JenniferInigo
Community Member

I am set up as an observer for my son.  Last year I received all the notifcations I had set up.  This year I'm not receving any.  I double checked my notification settings, my email, and that even at each class level I had notifications enabled.  They all are set up.  I've checked my spam and other folders and they're not there.  Anyone have anything else I should try?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
NicoletteStaley
Instructure
Instructure

@JenniferInigo I am sorry that you are not receiving the notifications that you are expecting from Canvas.  It may be that your student's teachers are not using Canvas for grading and communication as often as they have in the past, so they may not be any notifications to be sent.  You may want to change the frequency and types of notifications that you have turned on to include due dates and assignment submissions if you have not already done so.  That way if instructors are not grading in Canvas, you will still get notifications when work is turned in (or not) by your student.  This Canvas guide explains how to manage your notifications: How do I manage my Canvas notification settings as an observer? 

Additionally, you want to make sure that your email address has been confirmed and isn't marked as a "bounced email" in your Canvas account.  You can do this by logging in to Canvas, selecting Account at the top-left, and then Settings.  Towards the top-right of the Settings page you should see your email address listed.  If there is an exclamation mark next to your email address that means it has been bounced, and you need to contact the administration at your school to get it corrected.  If there is a question mark next to it, then it is unconfirmed and you need to confirm it.  This Canvas guide covers these warnings in more detail: How do I add contact methods to receive Canvas notifications as an observer? 

View solution in original post

0 Likes