Observer - Issues with adding

Jump to solution
EllenVW
Community Member

18 June 2021

Has there been any changes made to the system regarding the ability to add an Observer into a course over the last week or two?  The reason I ask is that I have been trying all week to add Observers onto courses and am receiving the following system message:

"We were unable to find matches below.  Select any you would like to create as new users"

The email address of my observer appears and when I add their name into the "name" field and press next, I receiving the following system message:

"The following users could not be created as the person already exists"

The staff members I am wanting to add as Observers are definitely in the "People" section.

My role in CANVAS is Admin

Help please!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
sjones11
Community Contributor

I just tried to do it and didn't have that issue.  I tried adding a staff-person as an Observer.  I wonder if its a browser issue?  

View solution in original post

Today the problem is solved.

When entering the Observer to the course we were using the "Add user by email address radio button" and then entering the users email address.  After some testing yesterday afternoon we have discovered that even though we are still adding the user by their email address the system only accepts them if we click on the "Login ID" radio button!!

View solution in original post