Old courses still appearing in Canvas

Jump to solution
Mannie_T
Community Member

I logged into Canvas today just to make sure it was empty, only to find that there are courses still showing on my dashboard from a year ago, that I have already completed and passed. I was wondering if there was a way to remove them from my Dashboard, so that my Dashboard will be empty (until the new semester starts, at which point it should show only the courses for the current semester). Is there a way to do this as a student?

0 Likes
3 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @Mannie_T ...

You can go to your Courses >> All Courses screen in Canvas and mark "favorite" courses with a yellow star.  This will place those courses you "favorite" on the Dashboard.  If you remove the star, they will not show up on the Dashboard.  Here's more info for you:

How do I customize my Courses list as a student? - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Hi @Mannie_T ,

In this case, you'll want to put a star on your current courses (the ones you want on the dashboard).  When there are no stars at all, I've seen Canvas will sometimes put everything on the dashboard again.  Once you star at least one course, you should see all of the others get removed from your dashboard.

-Chris

@Mannie_T ...

@chriscas is spot-on with this one!  In fact, if you follow the link I had provided in my initial response, the second paragraph in the light blue box states:

When no courses are favorited, the courses list automatically displays up to 20 courses alphabetically in the drop-down menu. However, once you have selected at least one course as a favorite, only your favorite courses will appear in the Courses list.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes