cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amanda_wagner
Community Participant

Only showing a white screen when the conference recording is in full screen?

Every time I try and put my conference  in full screen it only shows a white blanket screen. Audio still works but I can see the slides or follow along. #bigbluebutton #fullscreen #recording

7 Replies
amanda_wagner
Community Participant

picture of what i mean - no video or slides

ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @amanda_wagner .  I haven't experienced this myself, but have you tried in a couple of different browsers, such as Chrome and Firefox?  Sometimes one browser has problems while another does not.  It wouldn't hurt to check that both your OS and browser are supported as indicated in these documents: What are the basic computer specifications for Canvas? and Which browsers does Canvas support?.

All the best! 

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @amanda_wagner ...

In addition to the suggestions from ericwerth, I will tag  @ffdixon ‌ in my reply in case he has any additional insights for you.  Good luck!

amanda_wagner
Community Participant

Thank you – I have tried every browser possible and it still won’t open in full screen with the video.

Amanda Wagner

Project Assistant | Career Development Platform

Alberta SPOR SUPPORT Unit | University of Calgary

3rd Floor TRW | 3280 Hospital Drive NW

Calgary, Alberta T2N 4N6

amanda.wagner@ucalgary.ca<mailto:amanda.wagner@ucalgary.ca> | T: 403.210.9608

amanda_wagner
Community Participant

Thank you – I have tried every browser possible and it still won’t open in full screen with the video.

Amanda Wagner

Calgary, Alberta T2N 4N6

amanda_wagner
Community Participant

Amanda Wagner

Calgary, Alberta T2N 4N6

Hi Amanda,

> Every time I try and put my conference in full screen it only shows a white blanket screen. Audio still works but I can see the slides or follow along. #bigbluebutton #fullscreen #recording

I am the product manager for BigBlueButton.  While I work at Blindside Networks, and thus can't speak on behalf of Instructure, I can answer your question.

The fullscreen button is for the video, not the slides.  You can see an example if you watch this sample video.

The fullscreen button will make the video full screen (and hide the slides).

330460_pastedImage_2.png

If the recording has no video, there isn't anything to see (that's the white screen you are seeing).

The challenge is you have two items that can go full screen: video and presentation, and currently we've chosen the video.  If we choose slides, it probably covers more use cases, but there will be others who want the video full screen (think a video chat session where no one shared any slides).

As an aside, in the Premium Tier hosting for Canvas Conferences the recordings are a single video file (slides + presentation) so when you make it full screen, you see the complete playback.  Reach out to your CSM if your interested to find out more about the options for upgrading.

Sorry Amanda that I couldn't give you a solution for the current problem you are facing, but I do appreciate the feedback and, as the Product Manager, it help us continually improve the product.

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Product Manager

(I also moonlight as the CEO of Blindside Networks)