Opening quiz but only for answers?

Jump to solution
LMoore13
Community Member

I recently set my grades to be posted manually, not realizing that for quizzes, that would mean that students could not see the answers at the end of the quiz OR see their grades.

I fixed that issue, but I have 11 students who were not able to spend the 5 minutes at the end of the quiz reviewing their answers as compared to the correct answers (with rationales). 

Is there a method of "opening" the quiz to only a set number of students without allowing them to re-take the quiz? We utilize Proctorio, so it would need to be turned on as well. (We are a distance-based program, so I have to try to ensure that no one is copying answers, passing along information, etc.).

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
ProfessorBeyrer
Community Coach
Community Coach

That's a challenging situation for those 11 students, @LMoore13. There is not a method within the Canvas tools that allows that type of distinction. You could allow those 11 students an extra attempt, which would give them the same access to information that their classmates have already enjoyed, but those 11 would have to retake the exam and might use the time between attempts for extra preparation.

How is this for a solution for these 11 students in this one instance: schedule a meeting with each of them and give them 5 minutes within that meeting so they can access that information. You won't be able to use Proctorio to enforce academic integrity policies, but you will be there to ensure their attention is appropriately directed.

View solution in original post