Peer Reviews not automatically assigning

Jump to solution
arkeyes
Community Member

For two of my courses at two different institutions, Canvas wasn't automatically assigning peer reviews, despite my following all the instructions to set up the assignment to do so. My poor students were wondering what was happening, and it set us all back.

Seems like other users have had similar issues this year. 

Any fixes? Updates? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

I have not heard of any reported issues.  There are a couple of components which can affect it though.  

• Did you set Peer Reviews to be assignment automatically? 
    If not, then the system need you to assign them.
  • Did you have a Due Date on the Assignment?
    By default Peer Reviews are assigned on the Due Date for the Assignment
  • Did you specify a date in the Peer Review settings for when to assign them?  
    This is a secondary option of specifying the date for automated assigning of Peer Reviews to happen
  • MOST IMPORTANT - When using dates to automatically assign peer reviews, had students already submitted their assignment?
    The automated process will only assign peer reviews for students who have already submitted their assignments at the time.  So if you set it to automatically assign peer reviews on Dec 4th at 5:00 pm, but no one has submitted by then, no peer reviews will be assigned.  And if only half your class has submitted by then, only those students get set up for peer review.

Rick

View solution in original post