[ARCHIVED] Percentages on Tests / Front Page set under HOME tab

Jump to solution
holmant
Community Explorer

Hello.  I have a couple of questions regarding tests/percentages and front page/home tab.  

Percentages on Tests

For Spring semester, the following are set up as assignments

• Test 1 = 20%
  • Test 2 = 20%
  • Test 3 = 20%
  • Final = 40%
  • TOTAL = 100% for the course grade

I cannot remember how to assign the percentages to each test.  I have the tests set up to do manual entry, but I can't remember how to assign percentages as listed above.  I did this last semester, but cannot for the life of me remember the steps to make this happen.  I remember setting assignment values on each test. 

FRONT PAGE/HOME TAB

Does it make a difference if my status is TA instead of Teacher for this semester??  I'm running into problems that I vigorously learned last semester (example:  I have a front page setup for the HOME tab, but I cannot make the front page show up under HOME.  It was revised from last semester and put into Spring 2021, but it just will NOT connect together this time)

Thank you for any assistance......

Theresa

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Theresa,

If those percentages are showing on the home page they are NOT for individual tests.  For the most part Assignments and Quizzes in Canvas as typically set up with points and the weighting is based on the relative point values.  Assignment Groups however can be set up with percentage weights.  So my guess is that if you look in your course on Assignments, you will see Assignment Groups for each of those items, weighted at the amount you see.

To make changes to those weights you an either edit each assignment group one at a time, or better yet click the three dots in the upper right corner of the Assignments Index page and select Assignments Groups Weights.  This will give you one screen where you can edit the weights of all of your Assignment Groups at once.

Rick

View solution in original post