Permanently restore older version of quiz

Jump to solution
urbansk6
Community Contributor

Hi all,

I made a stupid, stupid mistake trying to fix an issue in a quiz, after students had already started taking it, and I pressed "cancel" so my changes wouldn't save. When I went in and tried to edit/preview it after hitting "cancel," I saw that my unwanted changes had somehow saved anyway, and I panicked.

I stopped panicking when I noticed the "You have made changes to the questions in this quiz. These changes will not appear for students until you save the quiz" message, and fortunately when I went into student view I saw that the content I had accidentally deleted was still there. So temporarily, I'm fine.

My question is how do I tell Canvas that I do not, in fact, want to "save it now" and would like the old version back permanently? Is there a way to keep it the way it was besides just never pressing "Save it now?"

0 Likes
1 Solution

This is only a problem in classic quizzes.  I have never been able to find a way to accomplish the solution you seek (canceling the change) in classic quizzes.  In new quizzes there is not a separate step to save the updated quiz, the content would simply be gone.  (So perhaps there is only a solution in classic quizzes!)  

I do not use media comments, but every image I insert anywhere ends up saved in files, so you might look there.  Since you can see it in student view it is definite saved somewhere.  You can probably download a copy while in student view.  If not, you may need canvas support to help you find it.  Also, the other instructor probably has a copy in other previous or current copies of the course.

View solution in original post

0 Likes