Progress tracking

Jump to solution
LeoP1
Community Explorer

I've been following up a request about course progress tracking and as there isn't a native feature for this in Canvas I wanted to see if there was any applications out there that provide this feature as a plug in instead?

M thought would be that every item in a course (e.g. page, discussions, assignments, quizzes) would have the option to be given a "weighing" and that these would then be added together to give a course total. As students progress through the course, their score increases based on page views/submissions up to 100%. This progress would be visible to them as a numeric/progress bar (potentially on the right-side of the screen above/below the "To do" list) and also on the course tile on the dashboard.

We currently use CidiLabs, which allows for a progress bar to be added at the bottom of pages to track completion of items in a module, but are looking for something with more versatility to support learning objectives, provide students a better understanding of progress  on courses where content isn't always evenly distributed, and promote gamification.

Does anyone know of any LTIs/APIs that offer this level of functionality or is this something that can be requested for the Canvas Roadmap?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
chadscott
Community Contributor

I don't know of a currently available LTI/script to do this. 

You can visit the Ideas board and see if it's been suggested already and if not, suggest it.
https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/idb-p/ideas

There is a Google Chrome extension - Tasks for Canvas, that gives completion on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.

Cheers,

Chad

View solution in original post